By Ryan D'Agostino
This welcome follow-up to Esquire's wildly renowned consume Like a guy cookbook is the final word source for men who are looking to host huge crowds and want the scaled-up recipes, logistical suggestion, and mojo to drag it off no matter if they're cooking breakfast for a houseful of weekend site visitors, generating an epic unfold for the playoffs, or making plans the yard BBQ that trumps all. With tantalizing images and approximately a hundred recipes for lazy breakfasts, afternoon noshing, dinner spreads, and late-night binges—including a great deal of favorites from cooks who understand how to meet a crowd, akin to Linton Hopkins, Edward Lee, and Michael Symon—this is the one cookbook a guy will ever desire whilst the occasion is at his position.
Read Online or Download The Eat Like a Man Guide to Feeding a Crowd: Food and Drink for Family, Friends, and Drop-ins PDF
Similar food & drink books
There are various cookbooks approximately Southern cooking, yet worthwhile few have fun the southern Appalachian nutrients that has sustained mountain people earlier and current. fortunately, we have Joan E. Aller's Cider Beans, Wild vegetables, and Dandelion Jelly.
that includes greater than one hundred fifty recipes for down-home, soul-satisfying dishes, Cider Beans, Wild vegetables, and Dandelion Jelly is greater than only a cookbook. whole with passages at the background, locations, and folks of southern Appalachia, besides lush full-color images of the foodstuff and surroundings of the southern Appalachian Mountains, Cider Beans, Wild vegetables, and Dandelion Jelly serves as either a cookbook and a guided travel of the neighborhood lore, traditions, and tradition of this uniquely American quarter.
Writer notice: ahead through Anthony Bourdain
Americans are on a roll within the kitchen -- we've by no means been greater or smarter approximately cooking. yet how does a starting cook dinner develop into stable, an exceptional prepare dinner nice?
Modeled on Strunk and White's the weather of fashion, the weather of Cooking is an opinionated quantity via Michael Ruhlman -- the award-winning and bestselling writer of The Making of a Chef and coauthor of The French Laundry Cookbook -- that pares the necessities of excellent cooking right into a slender, easy-to-take-anywhere publication. it's going to additionally stand along a handful of classics of the kitchen, simply as Strunk and White's booklet sits at the table of each author and each English scholar.
Not purely does this ebook deconstruct the basic wisdom of the kitchen, it additionally takes what each specialist chef understands instinctively after years of educating and adventure and gives it up cleanly and brilliantly to the house cook dinner.
With enormous quantities of entries from acid to zester, this is all of the info -- not more and no much less -- you must prepare dinner, in addition to numerous counsel (including just one recipe within the complete booklet, for the "magic elixir of the kitchen") and no-nonsense recommendation on tips to be a very good prepare dinner. You'll learn how to prepare dinner every little thing, because the entries conceal all of the key strikes you must make within the kitchen and train you, for instance, not just what is going right into a nice sauce yet the way to give it some thought to make it nice.
Eight brief, fantastically written essays define what it takes no longer only to cook dinner yet to cook dinner good: knowing warmth, utilizing the precise instruments (there are just 5 of them), cooking with eggs, making inventory, making sauce, salting nutrients, what a cook dinner may still learn, and exploring the elusive, most vital ability to have within the kitchen, finesse.
It's the one-pot meal reinvented, and what's bound to develop into each busy cook's new favourite means of having dinner at the desk. It's Sheet Pan Suppers—a step forward full-color cookbook with greater than a hundred and twenty recipes for entire nutrients, snacks, brunch, or even dessert, that require not anything greater than a sheet pan, your oven, and Molly Gilbert's encouraged process.
This welcome follow-up to Esquire's wildly well known devour Like a guy cookbook is the last word source for men who are looking to host vast crowds and wish the scaled-up recipes, logistical suggestion, and mojo to tug it off even if they're cooking breakfast for a houseful of weekend visitors, generating an epic unfold for the playoffs, or making plans the yard BBQ that trumps all.
- 100-Calorie Snack Cookbook
- Paleo Diet for Athletes Guide: Paleo Meal Plans for Endurance Athletes, Strength Training, and Fitness
- The One Minute Wine Master: Discover 10 Wines You'll Like in 60 Seconds or Less
- Authentic Recipes from Malaysia
Extra info for The Eat Like a Man Guide to Feeding a Crowd: Food and Drink for Family, Friends, and Drop-ins
TIP Have everything chopped, measured, and ready before you start. L AT E AF T E R NOO N | 47 STEVEN SAT TERFIELD MILLER UNION Atlanta, Georgia Lowcountry Boil Every port city has a great seafood one-pot, and in my hometown of Savannah we have the Lowcountry Boil. Its supposed inventor, Richard Gay, whose family runs a ﬁsh company in the community of Frogmore on St. Helena Island, gave it its other name, Frogmore stew, which is weirdly misleading. What you have here is not a conventional stew, in which the cooking liquid becomes a rich sauce.
3. To serve, place about 1 tbsp tartar sauce in the center of a plate and top it with the bread. ) Spoon more tartar sauce over one edge of the bread, letting some drip onto the plate. Top the bread with the dressed Cornstarch brings some extra crunchiness to the simple flour coating. Fish pepper is an heirloom variety that was grown by African Americans in the Chesapeake area in the nineteenth century and is widely prevalent in the region’s fish cookery. You can substitute a pinch of cayenne. In the restaurant, we use clarified butter, which can get extremely hot without burning.
5. Add the tasso, onion, celery, poblanos, jalapeño, garlic, and gumbo spice to the roux. Cook until the vegetables are slightly softened and the spices are blended, about 4 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pot as the gumbo comes to a simmer so the roux doesn’t stick. Simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring often and skimming all the fat that rises to the surface. ) 54 | T H E E AT L I K E A M A N GU I D E T O F E E D I N G A C R OW D Chef Link’s signature hot sauce pulls together the ﬂavors in his gumbo— or yours.