By Richard Drake PhD FAAA, A. Wayne Vogl PhD FAAA, Adam W. M. Mitchell MB BS FRCS FRCR
Anatomy texts simply don’t get any larger than Gray's Anatomy for Students! Now in its 3rd version, this thoroughly revised scientific textbook keeps its focus on simply the center info you would like on your anatomy courses, proposing every thing in an easy-to-read, visually attractive layout that enables learn.
- Obtain reliable, available insurance of every thing you are going to study on your modern anatomy periods with specialist wisdom from a staff of authors who proportion a wealth of various instructing and medical experience.
- Easily find and take into account particular structures. greater than 1,000 cutting edge, unique illustrations by way of popular illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson capture anatomical gains with unrivalled clarity.
- Understand the sensible purposes of anatomical concepts via distinctive assurance of floor anatomy, correlative diagnostic pictures, and medical case studies.
- Expedite the assessment of uncomplicated innovations from every one chapter with Conceptual Overviews.
- Stay present and engaged on your anatomy courses with many new "In the hospital" containers, which supply entry to in-depth medical discussions concerning particular ailments or procedures.
- Source your overview fabric fast and easily due to an inventory of extra correct examine aids firstly of every chapter.
- Improve your comprehension of cranial nerves with support from a brand-new visible map summarizing cranial nerve distribution and function.
- Access the whole contents on-line at scholar Consult, the place it's also possible to benefit from an internet anatomy and embryology self-study direction, clinical medical instances, actual treatment medical situations, self-assessment questions, and extra.
- Further improve your learning through pairing this textbook with its better half assessment items, Gray's Anatomy for college kids Flashcards, 3rd variation (ISBN: 978-1-4557-1078-2) and Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy 2nd variation (ISBN 978-1-4557-4802-0)!
Your buy entitles you to entry the website until eventually the following variation is released, or until eventually the present variation isn't any longer provided on the market via Elsevier, whichever happens first. If the subsequent version is released lower than 12 months after your buy, you may be entitled to on-line entry for three hundred and sixty five days out of your date of buy. Elsevier reserves the suitable to provide an appropriate alternative product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) should still entry to the website be discontinued.
Read Online or Download Gray's Anatomy for Students: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 3e PDF
Similar allied health professions books
Even if you're making plans a occupation as an audiologist or speech-language pathologist, scientific Audiology: An creation, second variation, is the main accomplished, easy-to-understand e-book designed to provide you the scientific wisdom base had to enhance on your selected occupation. insurance of audiology fundamentals is greatly dependent and comprises themes resembling listening to tools, quite a few evaluation thoughts, and the remedy method, with the intention to provide you with a well-rounded view of the scientific perform of audiology.
Drawn from the Genetics, incapacity and Deafness convention at Gallaudet college in 2003, this trenchant quantity brings jointly thirteen essays from technology, background, and the arts, heritage and the current, to teach the numerous ways in which incapacity, deafness, and the recent genetics have interaction and what that interplay capability for society.
Learn and innovation in parts comparable to circuits, microsystems, packaging, biocompatibility, miniaturization, energy offers, handheld remote control, reliability, and lifespan are resulting in a quick bring up within the diversity of units and corresponding functions within the box of wearable and implantable biomedical microsystems, that are used for tracking, diagnosing, and controlling the medical conditions of the human physique.
The commercial curiosity in ultrasonic processing has revived in the course of contemporary years simply because ultrasonic know-how may well signify a versatile “green substitute for extra strength effective approaches. A problem within the program of high-intensity ultrasound to business processing is the layout and improvement of particular energy ultrasonic structures for giant scale operation.
- Handbook of Communication and Emotion. Research, Theory, Applications, and Contexts
- Handbook of Osteopathic Technique
- Speech and Communication Problems in Psychiatry
- Gesprächsführung und Beratung: Sicherheit und Kompetenz im Therapiegespräch
- Blueprints Psychiatry (Blueprints Series)
Additional resources for Gray's Anatomy for Students: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 3e
Anatomical planes Three major groups of planes pass through the body in the anatomical position (Fig. 1 . 1 ) . What is a natomy • Important Anatomical Terms I nferior margin of orbit level with top of external auditory meatus Hands by sides palms forward Feet together toes forward Fig. 1 The anatomical position, planes, and terms of location and orientation. 3 The Body • • • Coronal planes are oriented vertically and divide the body into anterior and posterior parts. Sagittal planes also are oriented vertically but are at right angles to the coronal planes and divide the body into right and left parts.
1 . 1 2 ) . The skeletal system consists o f cartilage and bone. Cartilage Cartilage is an avascular form of connective tissue consist ing of extracellular fibers embedded in a matrix that con tains cells localized in small cavities. The amount and kind of extracellular fibers in the matrix varies depending on the type of cartilage. In heavy weightbearing areas or areas prone to pulling forces, the amount of collagen is greatly increased and the cartilage is almost inextensible. In con trast, in areas where weightbearing demands and stress are less, cartilage containing elastic fibers and fewer collagen fibers is common.
6 U ltrasound examination of the abdomen. • - Fig. 7 Computed tomography scanner. 7 The Body transformation on the multitude of images to produce the final image (Fig. 1 . 8 ) . Magnetic resonance imaging Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging was first described in 1 9 46 and used to determine the structure of complex mol ecules. The complexity of the physics necessary to obtain an image is beyond the scope of this textbook, but the reader should be aware of how the image is produced and the types of images typically seen in routine medical practice.