By Nancy Bednar, Joann Pugh-Gannon
Illustrated in color all through. easy methods to get extra leisure out of your stitching machines
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Sewing Machine Techniques PDF
Similar crafts books
Sleek quilting permits artists the liberty to play with traditions and take liberties with materials, styles, shades, sewing, and the ways that all of them attach. In Quilting with a latest Slant, Rachel might introduces you to greater than 70 sleek quilters who've built their very own types, equipment, and aesthetics.
Playful Little Paper-Pieced tasks by way of Tacha Bruecher is a set of paper-pieced tasks that includes the superior paintings from today's so much proficient sleek quilters. you could examine every thing you want to find out about starting place paper piecing, after which try out your talents with 37 initiatives ranging in trouble and complexity.
Classic cover Revival is a source for quilters of any age or sort who like to use today's glossy shades and materials. With clean duvet layouts, unique directions on starting place piecing, and a wide selection of conventional blocks and smooth initiatives, classic cover Revival is on the leading edge of the burgeoning curiosity within the "traditional-made-modern" stream.
A superb selection of 60 modern cushion designs to rework your house. utilizing quite a number diverse thoughts from crochet to knitted intarsia motifs, go sew and embroidery, you could create cushions to fit any dwelling area. good points never-ending lovely designs and ideas for all skills.
- Butterfly Gardening with Native Plants
- The Art of Resin Clay: Techniques and Projects for Creating Jewelry and Decorative Objects
- Pillow Pop: 25 Quick-Sew Projects to Brighten Your Space
- Earrings VISUAL Project Guide: Step-by-step instructions for 30 gorgeous designs (Teach Yourself VISUALLY Consumer)
Additional info for Encyclopedia of Sewing Machine Techniques
FINISHING SLASHED OPENING WITH FACING 1. Baste center of facing along slash line, right sides together. Stitch along seam allowance at neck edge and around each side of basting line, reducing width of seam allowance from %" at top of slash line to less than '/g" ai bottom. 2. Make slashes at curved part of neck edge not too close to stitching; then slash down center for opening. Turn facing to wrong side and press. 3. Shows right side of garment. 4. Turn under side and lower edges of fac- ing and finish with running stitches.
Use a bias strip about I'/j" wide; then sew one edge to edge of garment, right sides together. To form a V-shape, al- low enough material at corner and join together to form miter. Trim away ex- tra material at mitered corner close to seam. Clip seam allowance above mi- tered corner to allow underfacing to lay flat when turned to inside. 2. Turn strip to inside and finish according to directions given above for bias under- facing. SHAPED UNDERFACING The shaped underfacing is usually made wider than the narrow bias underfacing, and is cut on the same grain of goods as the garment.
1. Slash seam allowance at upper and low- er part of opening; then sew a hook to position at center. 2. Slipstitch an underfacing (about %" wide finished) to front part of opening, covering sewed on part of hook. 3. For underlapâ€”Cut a strip of material about 2Y4" wide; then sew one edge to back edge of opening, right sides to- gether. Fold through center, turn to in- side and hem free edge to position. Overhand upper and lower ends of un- derfacing and underlap together. 4. Sew a bar to underlap; then fasten re- mainder of- opening with snaps.