By Grace Dobush
If the church-basement sale isn't relatively your scene, Crafty Superstar is your go-to source for promoting your artful items part-time. choked with principles for developing and promoting out, the booklet contains a great deal of suggestion from specialists like Faythe Levine, Jenny Harada and Jenny Hart.
Want to make a few dough yet don't recognize the place to begin? within learn how to:
• notice your expectancies and motivations
• organize store and get paid
• subscribe to an indie craft show
• Get a few press
• package deal items and client service
• stability existence and crafts
Plus, get enterprise kinds, lists of assets and a listing of indie craft indicates so that you will be in your approach to changing into a Crafty Superstar!
Read or Download Crafty Superstar: Make Crafts on the Side, Earn Extra Cash, and Basically Have It All PDF
Similar crafts books
Sleek quilting permits artists the liberty to play with traditions and take liberties with materials, styles, colours, sewing, and the ways that all of them attach. In Quilting with a contemporary Slant, Rachel might introduces you to greater than 70 sleek quilters who've constructed their very own types, tools, and aesthetics.
Playful Little Paper-Pieced initiatives by means of Tacha Bruecher is a suite of paper-pieced tasks that includes the very best paintings from today's so much proficient smooth quilters. you could study every little thing you want to learn about starting place paper piecing, after which try out your abilities with 37 tasks ranging in hassle and complexity.
Classic duvet Revival is a source for quilters of any age or sort who like to use today's smooth shades and materials. With clean cover layouts, certain directions on beginning piecing, and a wide selection of conventional blocks and glossy tasks, classic duvet Revival is on the vanguard of the burgeoning curiosity within the "traditional-made-modern" move.
A wonderful selection of 60 modern cushion designs to rework your place. utilizing a number varied options from crochet to knitted intarsia motifs, pass sew and embroidery, you could create cushions to fit any residing house. good points unending attractive designs and ideas for all skills.
- Stitch Encyclopedia: Embroidery: An Illustrated Guide to the Essential Embroidery Stitches
- Beading with Pearls: Beautiful Jewelry, Simple Techniques
- Thread Stories: A Visual Guide to Creating Stunning Stitched Portrait Quilts
- Basic Glass Fusing: All the Skills and Tools You Need to Get Started
- Indian Basketry: Forms, Designs, and Symbolism of Native American Basketry
Additional resources for Crafty Superstar: Make Crafts on the Side, Earn Extra Cash, and Basically Have It All
3 Airbrush a base color of acrylic airbrush paint on clay, then let it dry (shown: Golden opaque airbrush color). Use a craft punch to make masks out of palette paper, and apply the masks to the painted clay. Airbrush other colors over the clay. Remove the masks. Note: Golden airbrush color will remain slightly tacky on clay, especially if it is applied heavily; however, it dries completely on clay when baked. qxp 12/8/06 6:20 PM Page 60 Surface Technique Intensives Once you are familiar with polymer clay, understand how various materials work on it, and are comfortable with some basic surface techniques, you may want to try more elaborate combinations.
2 3 Press a rubber stamp into clay. Roll a rubber brayer over a foam pad inked with Dye Na Flow fabric ink. Roll the brayer over the stamped clay several times to smooth the ink onto the clay. If you are using a rainbow of colors, be sure to keep the brayer aligned with the color stripes. Stamp credit: Stamps Happen, Inc. Apply Dye Na Flow fabric inks to a foam pad. Roll a rubber brayer over the pad, then roll it once over clay. Turn the clay 90 degrees, and roll the brayer once again. qxp 12/8/06 5:34 PM Page 42 Basic Surface Recipes Paste Paper There are several acrylic gels and liquids available to try on polymer clay.
6. Cover the decorated layer with wax paper and smooth the applied clay and cane slices with a roller or brayer. Be sure to smooth the layer in various directions to avoid distorting the applied clay and cane slices. qxp 12/8/06 6:19 PM Page 55 Variations 1 Apply ink from alcohol markers on a very thin layer of translucent clay. Cut out blocks of the inked clay and apply them to a medium-thick base layer of white clay. Roll the resulting sheet through the pasta machine to a desired thinness and level of distortion.